Lost Quadcopter!

in LATEST CHATS AND INFO Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:58 pm
by Leonis • 110 Posts

The guy that posts videos of Exeter on Youtube ( Grahame Addicott ) has lost his quad when it's GPS got confused and it flew away! He thinks it might be somewhere around the Heavitree area of Exeter and it has his phone number on it. Cash reward.

Scroll up

RE: Lost Quadcopter!

in LATEST CHATS AND INFO Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:40 pm
by deepskysteve • 94 Posts

Right so we really need to be careful this ain't going to give us good press especially if it damaged any property and ends up in the papers
Steve

IdeaFly4 Quadcopter,Symna quad, H.A.L Quad, X580 naza M lite Arial photo multirotor
Scroll up

in LATEST CHATS AND INFO Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm
by Leonis • 110 Posts

Not sure if he has got it back yet. He has been a bit reckless I think but it is worrying that these fly-aways happen!

Scroll up

in LATEST CHATS AND INFO Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:39 am
by deepskysteve • 94 Posts

Yeah not as reliable as they seem we just don't know what interference they come across the fact that it didn't return home seems to tell me satellite issue or naza locking up? just guesses.
Steve

IdeaFly4 Quadcopter,Symna quad, H.A.L Quad, X580 naza M lite Arial photo multirotor
Scroll up

in LATEST CHATS AND INFO Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:07 pm
by Leonis • 110 Posts

According to Radio Exe the guys thinks it was WiFi interference that caused the fly away. I have been looking into GPS trackers for quads. There doesn't seem to be a specific product on the market but some use "pet trackers" with varying results. The best option seems to be a tracker that uses a Pay as you go sim card to send GPS position to an app which shows the position on Google Maps.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: steve l
Board Statistics
The forum has 75 topics and 307 posts.